The Township of Puslinch
Search Site
Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I obtain a Commissioner’s Signature?

A Commissioner’s signature can be obtained from the Clerk or Deputy Clerk. We suggest you call ahead to make sure a Commissioner is available. As of January 1, 2014, there is a fee of $11.30 (HST included) for this service.


How do I get a copy of a by-law?

By-laws that are not available online can be obtained by contacting the Clerk or Deputy Clerk. There is a small fee for this service.


Who is eligible to conduct Raffles, Bingo’s and sell Break Open Tickets?

Only organizations that have provided information on their Charitable and/or Not-for-profit Status are eligible for lottery licenses.


Who is my MP and how can I contact him?

Michael Chong is our MP. His office is located at 200 St. Patrick Street East, Suite 5, Fergus, ON. Telephone number 1-866-878-5556 or e-mail


Who is my MPP and how can I contact him?

Ted Arnott is our MPP. His office is located at 181 St. Andrew's Street East, Fergus, ON  N1M 1P9. Telephone number 519-787-5247 or 1-800-265-2366 or or website


Where do I obtain records on Wells?

Please call the Well Records Information line at 1-888-396-9355.


Who removes dead animals from the roadways?

On a Township road please call the Township office at (519)763-1226 ext 210. If it is on a County Road, please call the County of Wellington at (519)837-2601. If it is on a Provincial Highway, please call the Ministry of Transportation at 1-800-265-6072.


Who looks after Waste and Recycling collection?

The County of Wellington, Solid Waste Services Division looks after collections. They can be contacted at 519-837-2601 or 1-800-663-0750 ext. 220 or visit their web site at


Where is the Aberfoyle Landfill Site?

The Landfill is located at 6922 Concession 4. Hours of operation are Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8-4.


Where do I get a Blue Box?

Although the County of Wellington is responsible for both blue box and garbage collection we keep a supply of blue boxes here at the Municipal Office as a convenience. There is no charge for blue boxes.


How do I know if my well water is safe to drink?

There are water test bottles available at the Township office. A sample can be dropped off at the local Health Unit in Guelph in the morning. Water samples are delivered by courier from the health unit offices to the London Regional Laboratory for testing. Please check the schedule below before bringing samples into the offices. All results are mailed directly to the sampler. Results may also be obtained by recording the Personal Identification Numbers on the water bottles and calling 1-877-723-3426, 72 hours after dropping off the samples at your local health unit. To ensure safe drinking water, test regularly. Guelph Health Unit, 160 Chancellors Way, 1-800-265-7293 Mon. - Thur. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fri. – before 10:30 a.m.  Map


Where can I get a burn permit?

A burn permit can be obtained from the Municipal Office during business hours or at the Fire Department if there are staff there after hours.


How do I change or update my mailing address?

Please advise us in writing of the change as soon as possible. The tax department will then forward the amended address to MPAC.


My mortgage company pays my taxes, why did I receive a tax bill?

We do not have your mortgage company indicated on our records. Please contact your mortgage company for payment, and ensure that they contact us to record interest on your account and have all future bills sent directly to them.


I have a farm property, but the assessment shows as residential?

To be eligible for the reduced Farm Tax Rate, the property must be used for farming purposes.

The Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs who may be reached at 1-800-469-2285 determine this eligibility.



 Where can I access information if the power goes out?

December's ice storm left many County residents without power for several days.  In the event of a powr outage, the best place to access information is your local radio station, if you don't have access to a smartphone.  The County contacts local radio stations with closure and warming centre information.  In Puslinch, the following radio stations should be monitored:

  • 1460 CJOY/Magic 106.1

The County will also provide updates on and on the County's official emergency twitterfeed -@wellingtncounty as necessary.  Adding a battery operated radio to your 72 hour emergency kit is a great idea.  Alternatively, you can listen to the above station on the hour, using your car radio for important updates.

For road conditions, residents can call Central Garage at 1-866-799-4166 (Wellington County Roads) or 511 for Provincial Highways.